Friday, January 20, 2006

Not much to say, so more pictures


I've finally been working on my mystery quilts again (McCall's 2005). I had stopped because I messed up on some quick-piece triangles, but when Mom asked me how I was doing on it I got to thinking about it, and I figured out the mess. Now I have decided to dive in and sew the blocks, and I will just add borders if I need to make them bigger. Here is a picture of a finished block (different colors) on the one I have already assembled (I was working on two at the same time, but got stuck on one because I had to buy more material, and money was lacking, so I forged ahead on the other one):




Of course this all depends on time. Seems for a while I had a lot of time, but I wasted it, now I have very little time free (I think it has something to do with the 2 year old), and I want to do everything I didn't do before.

Oh, and the duet went o.k. I can't breath in the right places, for the life of me, and I totally dropped out at one part near the end, and worst of all at the very beginning when I did one verse as solo I got my face up in the mike (it was low so I was scrunched over- can you just picture it?), it would have made a great scene on a Saturday Night Live spoof. When I messed up I couldn't help myself, I shook my head, and Ammon said he heard me laugh a bit in the mike at my first breathing mistake, ugh. Singing in front of a microphone sucks. I don't even know if I did other things wrong or not. We practiced, agreed on technicalities, but once I started singing I stopped thinking. However, after it all I didn't feel bad about it until I got home and started stewing....It is worse than the worry beforehand I think. Of course everyone was pretty nice about it anyway, and I am sure it is forgotten, and maybe we won't get asked to do it again (bonus!). I do love to sing though. My spirit takes over I think, it is kind of an escape thing-like reading.

No comments: