Friday, January 20, 2006

Curtains


So I finished one tiny curtain in my bathroom!
I was pleased with the result (not to mention it is the only room in the house I consider completely decorated - I do love things to be finished), so from there it ballooned.
I went out directly and bought curtain rods and this great fabric for kitchen curtains. Now they are just sitting there.
I have a vision. I am just very unsure of my ability to achieve it. I knew I should have bought that magazine I spotted with tips on making curtains - but overconfidence at that point in time stopped me. I knew I could do it, they are similar to the one in the bathroom.......hmmm, wait a minute, maybe I still can. Tips on ruffles anyone? Do I actually gather them first or do they just look gathered after they are hung (that is just lazy hopefulness talking I know)? How about ease? How much extra fabric do I allow for the curtains to be bumpy enough but not crowded (is more really better? - oh, wait, yes, to answer my own question, because I can always cut some off, but if I have too little I may have an unsightly seam down the middle. Of course, then I have to go by how much fabric I have or I will run out)?
It goes on and on. If I listen to myself too much nothing gets accomplished (as per quilt post coming soon).

No comments: