Monday, January 23, 2006


I've finally been working on my mystery quilts again (McCall's 2005). I had stopped because I messed up on some quick-piece triangles, but when Mom asked me how I was doing on it I got to thinking about it, and I figured out the mess. Now I have decided to dive in and sew the blocks, and I will just add borders if I need to make them bigger.
Here is a picture of a finished block (different colors) on the one I have already assembled (I was working on two at the same time, but got stuck on one because I had to buy more material, and money was lacking, so I forged ahead on the other one):




Of course this all depends on time. Seems for a while I had a lot of time, but I wasted it, now I have very little time free (I think it has something to do with the 2 year old), and I want to do everything I didn't do before.

Oh, and the duet went o.k. I can't breath in the right places, for the life of me, and I totally dropped out at one part near the end, and worst of all at the very beginning when I did one verse as solo I got my face up in the mike (it was low so I was scrunched over- can you just picture it?), it would have made a great scene on a Saturday Night Live spoof. When I messed up I couldn't help myself, I shook my head, and Ammon said he heard me laugh a bit in the mike at my first breathing mistake, ugh. Singing in front of a microphone sucks. I don't even know if I did other things wrong or not. We practiced, agreed on technicalities, but once I started singing I stopped thinking. However, after it all I didn't feel bad about it until I got home and started stewing......it's worse than the nervousness before hand! I do love to sing, though. Guess I might have to stick to singing in the shower for a while.

2 comments:

megan said...

I'm sure it was good. I totally forgot that you were singing a duet. Who did you sing it with? What song was it? I'm very impressed that you even did that! I think I would rather give a talk than sing in front of anyone, and that it saying A LOT if you know me. I'd rather go to the dentist than give a talk! And I know what you mean about stewing about it after the fact, I totally agree, I do the same thing.

plugalong said...

I Believe in Christ - an arrangement by Bebee (Bybee, Biebe?) for a chior. We had a wonderful pianist, and I sang with Candace Newbold. She can read notes. Carried me through the entire thing. Although I know what a note is called I wouldn't know what it sounded like, I have to hear it.