Monday, September 11, 2006

Of Shoes, Socks, and Self-Discovery

When Stephen travels to CA he often brings home hand-me-downs from our nephew for the boys, often they are way too big or worn, but these shoes were a hit. Ammo loves them, and I have to admit I think they are pretty great.


Here we have Lando's new shoes, which happen to have some similarities to Ammo's. I bought them with the $10 we made at our garage sale (on some little tykes things we've outgrown):



And here are Lando's shoes no longer shiney - only 2 hours later. sigh.



As for socks, we have a mystery. This toddler sized brand new looking female sock came out of my dryer. Where could it have come from?



We haven't had anyone over with this small of a girl for a very long time, other than Kinley (how do you spell her name?), and I don't know that they would have left without at least knowing it was missing, you know? It didn't come out of the basement - we cleaned that out for the garage sale - and the rest of the house has been gone through recently enough that I can't imagine where it could have been hiding. huh.

As for self-discovery. That was a lie. I wish I had something awsome and witty to say to tie them together, but I don't. It just sounded good in the title.

1 comment:

megan said...

Love the old skool shoes! Darling ones on Landon, too, I like them both shiney and new, and all "boy-ified," too. :) Very mysterious sock! It's like me losing a pair of my favorite jeans in this house. There are only so many places in this house where they could hide, and after searching for months, well, it's very mysterious indeed. That was before Oliver, too. Heh.