Thursday, September 28, 2006

Non-diapers



Lando has done really well with potty training! He's been sleeping through the night dry (except twice, I think it was because someone put a diaper on him one evening after an accident so he forgot temporarily-I have since hidden the diapers), and he hasn't had any 'number two' accidents (I don't count the park where there wasn't an available toilet). He loves to wear his "big boys" as he calls them.

We've just done it by encouraging him not to pee his big boys or my bed and giving him a treat every time he uses the potty. Working pretty well for him. Woot!
It's helped the older children too. They have been getting treats for flushing the toilets and not wetting the bed. It's working really well for the flushing, not so great for the wet beds (darn).

6 comments:

plugalong said...

Your comments posted. I don't know why it shows zero comments. Cathie emailed me.
Yes, Ammon especially had fun. He keeps thinking up new pictures, we'll probably post some again sometime.

Anonymous said...

I like those elmo unders beyond what I can express. I want some.

megan said...

yay for "big boys"! I'm looking forward to the diaperless days, myself. Oliver usually poops on the potty, unless it's right when he is waking up in the morning. But number one is a little harder to do, so we're still doing diapers for that.

Bummer about the wet beds. This is something I CAN wait for, heh. My sleep books have something about bedwetting, maybe something would be helpful from there?

plugalong said...

I bet they make some your size in a slinky department somewhere..

Anything else to try with the bed wetting would be awesome!

megan said...

yeah, one book has an entiree section about bedwetting, the others just have a single paragraph (I have 5 books--I know, I'm crazy!) You may or may not find it helpful, but it's interesting nonetheless. I can send it to you, or bring it up to you, or you guys can come here, whatever.

plugalong said...

Sounds great, thanks! I think we'll be up next weekend because Ammon really wants a bike and Mom offered the use of one of three they have hanging in the garage....