Saturday, September 09, 2006

Motivation

The garage sale went o.k. We really didn't have a lot anyway. Ad sold her old bike for $10, but afterward we were unsure wether it was a real ten dollar bill. I know there is new money coming out, but this looks way off. Guess we'll find out. The boys all spent their dollar they earned at the garage sales down the street, and I am left with ten to decide what to do with. Put it in the account toward a bill, a haircut, pants for one of the children, stash for going to garage sales, crafts, or food....I don't know.
Anyway, it did motivate me to finish the little quilt (see yesterday) and this doll (no they didn't sale, too much for a garage sale I think, and a good thing I suppose, Lando and Big B loved them):



Does she look like a Rachel to you?
Here is a close up of the bottom of her apron:



It started out as an idea for overalls, then it turned to maybe a dress, but it ended up as an apron. I had tons of fun sewing it!
By the way, does she look like a cow to you? Someone that actually noticed it said "cute cow". I didn't think of her as a cow at all, but I suppose it works.

I bought an eggplant at the farmers market just to see what it was. I ended up using this recipe. It's pretty good! I was kind of suprised. I've been eating it on saltines, but it was fine plain too. The children haven't tried it yet, so the jury is still out....

2 comments:

megan said...

I haven't checked blogs since I posted Micquel's birthday cake, so I didn't see that you've posted a bunch! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your "Rachel" bear. Darling. I do think she looks like a Rachel, I do not think she looks like a cow. I think perhaps the denim apron (which is FABULOUS, I must say, I love it) maybe gives it a "farmy, homespun" feel, so maybe that is why they thought it was a cow. Either way, very cute. Good job on finishing up on both the bear and the quilt. Did the $10 end up being real? The sauce looks pretty tasty. I've decided not to cook for a week to see if I can keep a clean house. heh. We'll see how long that lasts. :)

plugalong said...

Thanks! Yes, the $10 was real. Stephen said there was a water mark and he'll show me sometime, I hadn't seen the new ones considering how little we have cash I guess, but they do look so fake.
I like the idea of not cooking for a week to keep the house clean, maybe paper plates and/or napkins would help even more....