Monday, August 28, 2006

R is for Robot

Say Hello to Robo Riley 2006A:



Today I had a rare brainstorm as B and Lando were about to head, once again, to watch a movie. Feeling like I have let them do that too much for their own good, together with the fact that B is learning the letter R in school, and that we have a lot of recycling I haven't taken to the bins, we ended up with R.R. 2006A.



Ammo and Big T came up with the name, B helped pick out boxes and cut out the hands (I wish I had gotten them in the picture), Lando did his best to help too and they all colored him. It went really fast, little mess (duct tape rather than glue, and very little cutting), and they forgot about the T.V. for the duration of the activity and them some. I love these moments.

I haven't posted for a while because I just haven't had much to say. Too much childishness in we adults around here lately, and, until today, not much motivation. I have been working a little here and there on the Mystery Quilt #2 border. I need to get some backing fabric for both of them and for the one we're doing in the ward. It's starting up in two weeks on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays at 6:30 if anyone is interested in coming ever I would love to have you join us!

2 comments:

megan said...

Talk about creative! That is beyond awesome. That is awesomriffic. And how cute are those boys? How fun.

micquel said...

sweet, yo. I think I might have to build my own sweet art deco robot before school starts. Yup, just might.