Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pea Green Soup

So I found this recipe online, and it sounded interesting. Sweet Pea Mint Soup - you have it cold, straight from the blender. It was....interesting. A few bites were good, but after that it just was hard to put down. I think it must be an aquired taste. Maybe a different spice than mint, or perhaps I put in too much mint? Strange, though, it felt good. I mean literally not just in my head, felt light or something. Anyway, it was pretty. Wish I could do it justice.



Our cherry tomatoes have produced really well this year, and, yep, that's a home grown pepper. It is nice to have tomatoes on hand. I was loving the colors of the two types of tomatoes so that's why you get a picture. :) Funny how the colors ended up similar to the picture above.




*by the way, Stephen and Tanner get most of the credit for the garden this year!*

3 comments:

megan said...

Beautiful. Really, really beautiful. I LOVE the colors. They remind me of that quilt you made with greens and oranges, that I just love. I'm leaving this up as my "home page" cause I love the colors and pictures so much.
the soup sounds very interesting, I would have never thought peas and mint would go together. It does look pretty, though. I love that green.
okay, i'll stop with the green adoration already. ;)

micquel said...

mmm, the lighting and colors are simply delish! You pictures are always so good. I think I need a camera and some lessons from you. New Hobby. (well new old hobby)

plugalong said...

Thanks! New old hobby for me too.