Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Back to Normal.

So if you caught my last post, well, um, too bad. If not (as there were no comments) all the better as my mood swing has passed.
Unable to face the dishes yet (don't worry, I'll get to them), I finished my shirt!



You can't tell from this picture, but it is on the short side. I think a size bigger would have been good. It just doesn't fit all flowy and romantic like the picture on the pattern, but that may be a good thing. It's a keeper- wearable, and it matches a skirt I have had trouble matching to anything. So, Yay!

Mom gave me the material after her cleaning out, and gave me a little bit of a matching sort for the back when I determined there wasn't enough. Megan, you might recognize it? A skirt I think she said? I have to tell you, also, as I trimmed the seam on the first sleeve, I totally cut through the sleeve - not repairable- luckily there was still enough left for another one (whew!). Maybe I ought to have taken a picture, but I was too upset and got to ripping (not picking - ripping) out the sleeve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shirt is cool!

megan said...

oh, man, I totally missed the post. I'm bummed. I love the shirt. I like it a lot more than I did my maternity skirt. It didn't turn out at all like I had hoped/imagined, and I felt like a gigantic frosted wedding cake in it when I wore it. So I'm glad someone made something pretty out of what was left of the fabric, to do the fabric justice, because I really do love the fabric. And I love what you've done with it. Sorry about the sleeve! I'm impressed you still went ahead and finished it. I don't know if I would have after such a roadblock.

plugalong said...

Thanks guys!

Megan, I bet you didn't look like a frosted wedding cake, but at least you were frosted and decorated right? :)
As for the sleeve, I was probably mainly able to still do it because the first one went in so amazingly smooth and fast I wasn't as daunted to do it all again as I usually would be.