Monday, July 31, 2006

Everlasting bear, or whatever it is


So I started this bear last fall for a Christmas present (there were three planned, only one started), and I had sewn a hand on upside down. The other day I decided to face it, and fix the mistake. Took all of 5 minutes. Literally. Big B and Lando helped me stuff it, and there it sits, almost forlornly (can't be certain as it has no face), waiting for an expression and some clothes. Once again, however, I no longer want to work on it. Not to mention nothing has come to me as far as how I want the face done (as good excuse as any), and I've overwhelmed myself with vain imaginings as to detailed clothing. So it will sit for a while unfinished, until I am able to make a decision or have a desire or purpose for finishing it, and that's o.k., I am pretty pleased that it (he?) is all put together at last...

3 comments:

megan said...

i still haven't finished my knitted koala bear. He is so forlorn without legs (not to mention his face). I like your bear so much, even without a face. How bout a knitted sweater or cardigan or something? I guess it depends on how big it is, eh? Is it a girl bear with kneesocks or is it a boy bear with boots? Either way I love it and it makes me want to try some doll-making REAL BAD. heh.

plugalong said...

What a grand idea. I think a knitted item would be fun to do.

You can certainly borrow back Mom's Raggedy Ann pattern I've been using as a base pattern.

megan said...

Fun! Yeah, I would love to. I'll use it as incentive to finish that blasted painting.