Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I've been thinking

Is polygamy against the law? Because I thought it was, and if it is how can anyone think that same-sex marriages should be legal? If they don't define marriage as being between one man and one woman they are going to have to change that law about polygamy too...

Also, I found this article interesting, although I just realized it was from last year.
Hmm. I was just reading a bit about this and one person pointed out that polygamy is actually one man with multiple marriages, each a separate marriage to one woman, not a man with one marriage to a group of women, so it still falls under the definition of one man to one woman.

1 comment:

megan said...

I finally finished reading the post. (It took four different installments). I think she makes a lot of good points. I scanned over a few of the comments and saw that polygamy comment, too. Interesting. Thanks for sharing the link. I totally want to ask Jedd about those spandrels.