Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fun and food

As for food, I was bored, and I was feeling a little bad because I couldn't just go out and buy ingredients or tools for other things I could try, so I experimented with cookies. Turn to Linda's Eternal Surprise Cookie recipe (in Mom's book made by Megan), use lemon extract for the 'spice', and slivered almonds, and wal-lah, you have lemon meringue cookies (I think maybe pecans would be even better). So, here they are...



Anyway, I'm feeling much better now. Activity, sugar, and fat, are a good mix for me (not to mention the good smells of baking, and something to post).

Stephen took the children to the Roy Aquatic Center for the ward activity because Landon wasn't feeling well, so I chose to stay home with him. Here are some pictures he took:





Boy, they had so much fun!

2 comments:

megan said...

Those cookies sound delicious. I'm really impressed, I still get nervous improvising with cooking. I gotta loosen up. Looks like they had a blast, bummer that you couldn't join them. What a fun ward activity! I don't know if that would be weird, though, seeing ward members semi-nude in swimming suits.

and the offer to use any of my kitchen gadgets/equipment wasn't just for micquel. You can borrow anything anytime!

plugalong said...

Thanks! I am totally curious about making the yogurt. Not to mention my children go through it so fast...

As for the cookies, Ammon loved them, Adria didn't, Tanner says they were weird (he ate like 11 though), and Bryce liked them but picked out the almonds, Landon just crumbled them all over, and Stephen didn't get a chance to try them. Anyway, this recipe was written to play around with so maybe it would be worth a try.