Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Unknown

Here is Big B on his very first day of school. He enjoyed it.



Today, however, he had a run-in with the teacher because he wanted to take a picture he had made home to me and she wouldn't let him. I am kind of at a loss. This is the first time I have ever had the principal have to talk with me about my child (even if it was mainly to explain what had happened, and why he was unhappy), but I also wonder why she didn't just let him bring it home with a note to say it needed to go back the next day or something like that. It seems like I remember a teacher doing that with Tanner before... Anyway, he came home screaming and crying that he hates his teacher, and is showing signs of possible struggle when it is time to go tomorrow (cross your fingers).

Here are, finally, all the kitchen curtains finished. Hooray! It really is a nice feeling to get a project done, and I feel our home is looking a little less sparse.



And, double "Hooray!" for a finished Mystery Quilt (McCall's quilting magazine) top!



I have yet to decide how to quilt it, so I am skipping ahead to finish the border on MQ #2. Mom offered to machine quilt one, so I may take her up on that- first I'll have to figure out a back though.

6 comments:

micquel said...

lets all say a "WOOT" for finishing projects! Those curtains are simply fabulous.

And good luck with the school situation.

megan said...

Oh, dear, that sounds like the wrong foot to start out on, doesn't it? I sure hope today goes okay! What a little tender-hearted guy, he simply wanted to show you his picture!

Good job on the curtains, it looks great! I totally want to make some cafe curtains for my kitchen window now!

I love your mystery quilt, good job on finishing the top! That border looks like a heck of a lot of work, too! It looks like it pretty much fits your bed, too, and it's a CA king isn't it?

plugalong said...

Today went a lot better. He came home happy as can be.

Our bed is a Queen, now, actually. Thanks, it does fit nicely.

Anonymous said...

School already! Oh yeah, I forgot. It is year round, no? Glad day two went better.

plugalong said...

Hi! Yes, year round. We'll be out again the end of September.

plugalong said...

By the way, Mark, I went to leave a comment on yours and Kurts blogs, but it wouldn't let me, dagnabbit.