Wednesday, October 29, 2008

While on the Subject of Food and Slim Pickin's

Today for lunch I opted for noodles (bread takes too long if you wait until you're hungry to start it). But, what to put on them? Well, we had a bit of Italian dressing left, which is pretty good with Parmesan, but we were out of cheese. Not as good. So I tried adding a can of tomatoes (well, 1/2 can since it is just Landon and I) with the dressing (heat until warm). Really Good!

Also another idea recently. Easy Peasy cinnamon rolls. My boys love them. Make a batch of dough for biscuits (whatever is your favorite recipe will work I bet), roll it out, spread with melted butter (whatever it takes, a couple of TBS's maybe) and cinnamon-sugar (2TBS sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon), roll up like cinnamon rolls, cut with a string, bake as directed for biscuits, and top with powdered sugar icing (I used some left from when Adria made cookies, but it would probably only need 1/2 the recipe, if that, although it was convenient to have in the refrigerator to use for a couple of days).

No comments: