Tuesday, March 06, 2007

To Chang My Mind

I just wrote a whining post about money and medical bills and by the time I was through I mostly saw how I am an idiot and can't manage much. So to change my mind, I decided to list some more things I am thankful for.

I am thankful our house payment actually went down this year by almost forty dollars.
For my children being so healthy and smart.
For my wonderful childhood and extended families.
For the dear people who shared goodies and love for my birthday.
For a working dishwasher, heater, refrigerator, stove, and computer.
For those medical people who are patient with receiving payments from us. We do do our best.
For my mind being more clear.
For the scriptures.
For Landon's company throughout the day.
For good teachers at the elementary, and at church.
For sunshine, rain, and snowy.
For yummy food, and healthy food, we really have a bounty.
For exercise.
For hope and forgiveness.
For another day to keep trying.
For Mother's example.
For money not being what life is all about.
For looking forward to spending time with family (Manti pageant coming up for example, woot!)
For the hope that I can grow and change even though I still seem such a child in some things.
For the chastisement I felt from others that helps me see what I need to do better on.
For so many enjoyable things to do while I wait to 'meet my children at the crossroads'.
For being able to put things aside more readily (not perfectly) to attend to my children.
For living so close to family.
For living in Utah.
For being able to stay home so much.
For being able to get out so much.
For being free of stuff (can you believe what a burden it is to love things?).
For a basement that we can expand to fit everyone when we are able.
For being able to see my children grow and change, and even lead me.

1 comment:

megan said...

Thanks for the gratitude post! It's so funny how you can almost simultaneously feel resentful for something, and then just turn around and feel grateful for it, eh?

I'm excited for the family time and the Manti pageant, too! Wahoo!