Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blast from the past

It's funny because the theme for Young Women's camp in out stake this year is Keepers of the Light and last year or so - time seems to be confused in my mind - this came to my mind. I understand there is CD called this also, I'm going to have to get it and see....

Keepers of the light.
Each one unique, we give to others who seek,
something no one else can give.
With joy we can live, what peace we can give,
To share any way we can,
As keepers of the light.
We may never know the affect we
have had on others looking for the light,
But it matters not for we follow the Lord
As keepers of the Light.

4 comments:

kidzdilemmas said...

I love it! It is a wonderfull poem.

megan said...

That reminds me of something, too. Did you write that poem?

Is Adria going to girls camp this year? Holy Cow, that is weird! Remember when we did those skits my first year, and I had one dinky line (that I loathed to have at all) and I recited it too early and made Sarianna miss an entire speech, and she was so mad at me, and I was so mortified. Mortification should be my middle name, heh.

plugalong said...

Yay, my internet is finally working!
Yes, I think. I don't know if it counts when it comes to mind as you drift off to sleep. It almost seems as if it is someone elses thought that I caught as I was between reality and dream (ok so I just think that sounds cool).
Yes she's going this year. I am almost jealous. I hope she loves it as much as I did.
I don't remember that skit at all.

megan said...

I didn't know that your internet wasn't working. I guess if it wasn't working then you wouldn't be able to tell anyone, heh. Well, I'm glad its working again.
I love the poem, it is really inspired, you've got such a gift for it.