Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Feeling better already

Today I was in a total slump (first excited to do curtains, only to find I really couldn't and will have to wait until Stephen has the time and inclination- so then slumped), and I couldn't bring myself to do anything. Just cleaning all the time seems so pointless and makes me wonder why- what is it we are supposed to learn from never ending laundry, dishes, 2 year old messes, getting after kids to clean up only to find it messier, peed beds and missed toilet seats... o.k. I'll leave it at that (oh, not to mention dirty diapers and stained brand spanking new clothes). Anyway, sometimes I wonder at my point of even existing when this is all I ever do. However, I took a minute to read blogs to quit wallowing and do something(!), and I am feeling a lot more 'good to go'. Thanks for your distractions, thoughts, and fun you share.
Anyway, here's the latest 2 year old mess (o.k., with help from the 4 year old), and I couldn't bear (so how do you spell that kind of bare, bear?) to take a picture of the kitchen, and family room, and chairs, and footprints, and cupboards....how they can do it even, I don't know.

It's o.k. you can laugh. At the time I did too. Thankfully. The other choice was go red in the face and blow smoke out my ears, yet that accomplishes nothing.

In case you were wondering it was baking cocoa - an entire can of it.

1 comment:

megan said...

oh, my goodness. I'm glad you were able to laugh about it. My goodness! This is my future! Already today Oliver has been trying my patience! He is only five months old! The magical ease of the newborn stage has worn off, I guess!

I did vaccuum, though. For today. Hopefully I'll get to it again before 5 months have passed again. ;)