Friday, December 15, 2006

Food from Thought (and lazy necessity)

Monica's chicken pot pie

2 frozen single crust, deep dish, 9" pie crusts
1 can cream of chicken soup
milk
frozen mixed vegetables (I used peas, carrots, corn, Lima bean mix)
frozen hash browns (not patties, although if you break them up maybe they could work too)

Invert one pie crust on towel, allow to thaw 10 minutes or so, until it lies flat.
In a bowl mix soup, 1/2 soup can of milk, vegetables (maybe three cups?), and hash browns (2 or three cups?). It should end up really thick, like mashed potatoes maybe. Place in remaining pie crust and top with flattened crust, make a slice in the center of the pie (or a smiley face).
Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes or until crust is browned.

optional: reduce veg. and hash browns and add chopped cooked chicken.
May need a sprinkle of salt and pepper depending on personal taste.

6 comments:

megan said...

looks yummy!

megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
megan said...

brilliant. I thought I'd type something really short and sign in, because usually I have to sign in twice and loose my big long comment I typed, but not this time! this time I'll wait and type my comment after having to sign in twice and typing my big long comment twice. Heh, wouldn't you know, it published my comment after one sign-in, and didn't even lose it. Typical.
Anyway, this looks really good, and pretty simple/straight forward. I'm going to try it for dinner once this week. Thanks for sharing!

megan said...

aaaargh!

kidzdilemmas said...

YUMYUMYUM! that was good!

plugalong said...

heh. I totally have that problem with long thought out comments. Then after it's lost all I can bring myself to type is 'awesome' or 'sucks' or some such.