Thursday, December 21, 2006

Does that Really Happen?

I didn't think so. Until I did it. I had some MS clean up, so I left them in the sink and turned the water on, went into the other room and promptly forgot. My bathroom had a half inch of water on most of the floor, in the cupboard under the sink and across the entire counter before I came back to it, thinking of course, when I heard the water running, that Landon had left it on after I wiped his bottom a little while before. Nope.

I couldn't leave a comment on Melanie's blog because I am on the new one and she's not I think. I switched only because when I went to post on Megan's blog I couldn't without the new version. Anyway, Melanie, hooray for English Toffee and Peanut Brittle (yes they require capitalization), and, actually, for K'nex too!

added later: It's almost unbelievable. Tonight when I went to put the pickles away I didn't have the lid on tight and tipped it over as I set it in the fridge. Pickle juice everywhere. Oh, and when I emptied the shelf to clean it? I dropped a yogurt and, yes, it split open on the floor. Sheesh. What's a girl gonna do with a two year old if she is still one herself?

2 comments:

megan said...

you're not a two-year-old unless you do those things and throw tantrums at the same time. Which I have been, regretfully, throwing the past few days. What a horrible example I'm setting for a little toddler who mimics every little thing I do! Even down to the scowl and general grumpiness.

It's funny, I sat down to read your blog just after putting some MS clean up in the sink to soak for a bit. Isn't that weird?

Also, I had just made toffee and caramels when the next day I read mel's blog about making peanut brittle. Crazy! Only, the caramels I forgot to add vanilla and they taste like handsoap for some reason, and the toffee is thick and breaks your teeth.

I haven't posted a comment on her blog for awhile, so I didn't know you can't post on blogs that aren't beta blogs. Sorry that I forced everyone to switch over to the annoying one!

plugalong said...

It's fine. You made a decision. I often appreciate someone who makes decisions. It takes me forever. I had considered the new blogger, and hadn't done it, and considered it, and hadn't done it...I don't know how many times. It's all good, just wanted to explain why I hadn't commented.