Thursday, December 14, 2006

Drawing a blank

The problem is I almost never have anything to say, and when I do it is the wrong thing or time. I am pretty sure whatever it is I am always doing wrong is right in front of me, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
I am thankful for all your blogs though! This gloomy weather mirrored my mood (or vice versa) until I remembered I could go read something from somebody who knows me and might like me anyway.
I can almost face the dirty house.

Almost.

Maybe I'll go Christmas shopping with a credit card.

The children made some homemade gifts for the children in our rotation, and I thought It was o.k. but Stephen goes and says we need to get something 'good'. Grrrr. Am I totally in the wrong or was encouraging them to give what they could (they and I have no money) a good thing? Will our family really be disappointed because we are too thoughtless to get them whatever we could find on the shelf at the store that might be enjoyed by another, or is it better to give what we think is good and the best we (the children) could do this time? Anyway, they had fun thinking of their cousins this way rather than begging for what they want from the store while I try to convince them we aren't there to shop for them, but someone else . Maybe, as always, I am going for the easy way out?

4 comments:

megan said...

I like you, and sorry I have been such a slacker with posting and commenting. I kind of get caught up in my little cycle of madness here. Also, i am lazy. when my browser stopped remembering my username and password, I felt like it was too hard to login in EVERY SINGLE TIME! Now that is laziness. All it takes is what, 14 finger muscles and two words typed and it's TOO MUCH to ask! I let these little obstacles (heh, if you can call that an obstacle) overwhelm and paralyze me.

uh, this is turning into a long comment, eh? I think that giving and getting homemade gifts are THE BEST! I did some inexpensive homemade gifts for the family we had this year, and I really enjoyed doing it. Of course I worry if they will like them, but it's all in the spirit of giving it, and I especially tried to remember to try and enjoy the process this time, because so often I get caught up trying to work for the result and I never enjoy the journey. I've really found that to be true for myself. Anyway, blah, blah.

My house is a disaster. And it smells cause I haven't cleaned up the dishes from the holiday baking I did on Monday and Tuesday. And Oliver always has to have the couch dismantled, so I've given up ever trying to put it back together. Oh, well. sigh.

plugalong said...

a. I am so much the same way. Now that we have changed to the beta thing and I have to type in my entire email address just to leave a comment...sheesh. It is suddenly too much work.

b. I think I will probably be jealous of whomever receives homade gifts from you!

c. Thanks for that. By the way, I have the same problem with couches. I don't know that they will ever grow out of that. Some days I like it (keeping them busy and sometimes cute) and sometimes it annoys the crap out of me because I get back into my 'it has to be clean and orderly!' or 'I'm the boss' mode.

plugalong said...

homade? Sounds more like a hair oil.

megan said...

heh, heh, homade makes me laugh really, really hard!