Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Crayon color shading "class"

Big T suddenly loves coloring and I realized we were low in the crayon department so I headed to the store for another craft stocking mission (woot! I love paper, pens, notebooks, crayons even)for crayons, coloring books, tape and glue, and also came away with a kit that teaches "the magic of color shading" with crayons. Here is the result of the first two lessons:

Everyone except Amm- was enthusiastic and want to do more. Amm- says he doesn't like to color. I remember in Kindergarten he would refuse to do the color the picture part of his homework. He does, however, love freehand drawing. Which side of the brain was that supposed to come from?
We had conferences for school today and the children are all doing really well. Big T's teacher, however, says if he doesn't stop reversing letters and numbers before 2nd grade we will need to worry and maybe do a tutor thing. Anyone have ideas to work on this other than repetitive writing that might bore him to death and thus possibly be ineffective?
Maybe it is the snow, but I am totally in the mood to do a difficult puzzle. I should have gotten one while at the store, dagnabbit.

7 comments:

megan said...

neat color shading. That looks like tons of fun to me. :)

yes, definitely puzzle weather. and hot cocoa, and warm fresh baked bread with mom's chili or stew or something. Hard to believe spring is supposedly less than a week away...

plugalong said...

Hey lets do a soup/stew potluck Sunday. Talk mom into doing the bread? I know Melanie has done a soup at least once and maybe we could see if Nannette would like to bring one too. We could eat dessert bowl size so we could have a taste of each kind and no one would have to bring a ton? Hey maybe we could even throw in a puzzle. Guess we should check with Mom first, heh heh.

micquel said...

hey, I want to try out that kit. I need some help on my three dimensional shading skills. Come summer, I'm gonna want to do some crafts like that. where'd you pick it up?

PS I like soup.

plugalong said...

Kmart. In the crayon section. It says "start SMART crayon ART SET" (in colors) and it was hanging up, if that helps.

micquel said...

thanks!

megan said...

well, sunday would have been the perfect day to have a soup day, what with the insane snow we got the day before spring is supposedly slated to begin. But we should still do it, I think it is an excellent idea, and I'm very sorry it took my an entire week, nearly to respond.

plugalong said...

Ah, well, I MEANT to call Mom, I just am weird about making phone calls. It's illogical and ridiculous. I don't know why, but I always procrastinate them....
Anyway, we ended up having a Stephen Sunday and fixed up some things around the house, shopping, etc. But hey, I once again have a working doorbell and microwave!