Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Miscellaneous

Happy Birthday!


(dang, I should have cropped that cup out of the picture, but I'm not going to do it now, heh)
Adria and I had lots of fun shopping and decorating for her birthday [She did the decorating, actually, but I had fun thinking how fun that is - 8)]. She had most of it in the trailer! Then she and her friends had a blast late into the night.


Onto copying Megan: 8)!


I love the keeping the (flylady) sink shiny thing! My kids have been pretty good about putting their dishes in the dishwasher (not the sink) and if they don't I call them back to do it. No one has complained because they decided they like not doing dirty dishes. Also, I am better about putting pans and such straight into the dishwasher because I like my shiny sink. Stephen gets ornery about it, but he gets ornery about dishes in the sink too, so we'll let it pass. Also, it seems to spread, look at this clean stove top!




Also, I have been loving my morning and bedtime routines! Just a little pampering goes a long way!

4 comments:

smellame said...

Sounds like a fun birthday party!
The sink looks great! Isn't it amazing how dishes aren't really a big deal if they go right into the dishwasher? I know it's a bit different when it's for 8 rather than 2 ;), but still. The trick for me is to put the clean ones away before the dirty ones start coming. I've been better about it because it's nice to have the sink ready for bath time. Anyway, have a good one! Oh yes, and I don't know if you got my email, but Molly is being blessed this Sunday. Our sacrament meeting is at 2:45. So if you can and wanna come, then that would be fun.

megan said...

woohoo! Hope the b-day part goes/went well.

Great job on your sink and dishes. The hardest thing for me, like melanie said, is getting the clean ones out before the dirty ones start coming. Sometimes it's simultaneous. But it lookds beautiful and it's so nice to wake up to a shining sink.

plugalong said...

We'll be at the blessing! I agree the sink isn't always perfectly empty, but it stays shiny! 8) And it never gets disgusting like it did...Anyway, I have learned with a larger family to run the dishwasher every night, even if it isn't completely full, and empty it in the morning. It works pretty well! Otherwise the timing gets off and/or there are more dishes than fit.

inanechatter said...

Isn't it amazing how a bit of pampering can make you feel rejuvanted!