Thursday, July 03, 2008

hmmm


So I realized yesterday, that my closet looks like (forgive me) Stephen's Mother's did the first time I met her. I remember being weirded out by it because she had almost nothing in the rest of the house. My closet got this way because towels and blankets kept piling up in the boys room and I got so tired of wearing them out washing them, I decided they could each use one, and if they wet the bed they could wash it. It isn't working so great, but at least they don't pile up in their room as bad. Also I had them pile toys and garbage and even clothes into garbage bags one day because they were whining about cleaning, and then confiscated them (well, some of them) to my room so they wouldn't end up all over the floor again. Their room is a mess anyway, somehow. I'm working on that though.
I am a little concerned about Bryce. He got up this morning fine, but when his Dad asked about whether his pants were peed (were) he cryed. This really sad cry, and it was really simply stated, and they've all wet their beds before, and we learned with T not to make a big deal about it, so we haven't with Bryce (who doesn't have anywhere near the problem T had), and he kept saying he just wiped them with a rag - also he had a bit of a bloody nose (I think he has a nervous habit where he picks it?) which he hasn't had in a long time. Anyway, his tears didn't fit the situation - if you are a mother I think you would know what I mean. You get to know your childs cries, responses, etc. You know? Probably it was just staying up too late watching a movie, and me getting ornery (don't clean the house after 10:00 at night, it is way too easy to get yourself worked up, eh) about little stupid messes that clean up easily. Although I may not have been totally out of place telling Stephen to help change a light bulb and that the yard needed weeding (however, I didn't do it nicely, which was very wrong of me, sorry).
On another note:


HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYCE!



2 comments:

inanechatter said...

That's a great picture!!

megan said...

You should see my closet! I would post a picture on my blog, but it's even worse than the kitchen pictures I posted, if you can believe that. Babysteps, is all am taking right now.
Yes, I know what you mean about knowing the different cries. I hope Bryce is okay, that makes me a little sad just thinking about it.
I agree with not cleaning after a certain point in the day. Heh, sometimes that's earlier than 10:00 p.m. for me.

happy b-day, Bryce! Is that a new bike?