Friday, January 05, 2007

Welcoming in the New Year with One Week of Success with an Unofficial Resolution

So my resolution wasn't consciously made for this year, but it's been working none the less.
Many of you know my embarrassing habit that I picked up again, oh, a year or so ago. Anyway, I've been trying to quit for a while, and have finally been free of it for a week. It may have been longer, but I haven't really been keeping track, so officially I am sure it has been at least a week!
A big help - Ammon saying smokers use the "I KNOW I can do it" mantra (is that the right word, it sounds right), drinking lots of water, and finding something to do (usually with the help of my family). Oh, and food of course, especially anything labeled as snack or fat food (I will endeavor to avoid creating that habit any more than it already is, however).


Thanks everyone.

Now, for the next week...


**Hey, spell check on the new blogger is way cooler!**

By the way, if anyone comes across a pillowcase - blue with yellow stars - I made that for Ammon, and it matches his soon to be finished quilt - please let me know. It mysteriously disappeared not long after he opened it (a few days late because I had forgotten about it already wrapped, up in my closet). Grrrr. Thanks a ton. heh.

3 comments:

megan said...

YAY! Wooohooo. That is very exciting. I have not made any sort of resolution for this year, though my house is begging me to do SOMETHING about my lack of housekeeping skills. Maybe I should try the I KNOW I CAN DO IT mantra for that?

I hope you find the pillowcase!!

plugalong said...

Maybe they don't matter so much if you don't need it to do. Sometimes for me it is the only thing that wakes me up.

plugalong said...

oh, and better cold with snow than cold without I think.