Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The Best Picnic Ever


During the week before Mother's Day T was bubbling over with enthusiasm. He wouldn't let me into the kitchen so I wouldn't see my 'surprise'; he made peanut butter sandwiches (that's it- no jelly or honey, or anything like that), set out the blankets and plates and cups, added a handful of chips bagged individually, and: "Tah-Dah!" Dinner was served. He was so happy. We ate those entirely peanut butter sandwiches (some with too much some with too little),in their entirety, with gusto. Loved it so much (and I didn't have to cook dinner, heh, heh). He really has a talent for enthusiasm (that is catching) and self-starting. Perhaps the cutest thing ever.

4 comments:

plugalong said...

It was through a string of links from one of the blogs I frequent. I can't find it now. I feel bad I can't give credit to them, next time I won't be lazy....well we can always hope.

plugalong said...

oh, whoops. That previous comment was in response to Miquel's on the book bag link that I just posted to the wrong post.

megan said...

Ohhh, that is the sweetest thing ever! Really, it makes me smile just thinking about it.

micquel said...

so, cute. That is one of the things that I actually love about youth--the boundless enthusiasm(not that I'm not youthful, but you know). I think I damper it sometimes, though.

But guess what? those cups in the photo with the bumpys? yes, I bought some and we have them in the apartment. such the best.